Sunday, January 20, 2013

I like 'em round and BIG

Who doesn't? Square/rectangle cakes are boring to me and the bigger the better. I think it's been a while since I made a cake that wasn't a three layer. And since it's for me, I can have it however I want. Round and big it is!
I made a Chocolate Cream Cake that I've made several times before. It comes from this cookbook. It's basically a devils food cake with a very smooth buttercream inside and a chocolate cream cheese frosting on the outside. SO yummy!


I had to take a shot of the cream layers because once you put the frosting on, you have no idea how good it looks until you cut into it.


See what I mean? Looks good and chocolatey, but you have no idea the goodness you are about to cut into.


I was a bit uneven in the cream filling distribution, but I promise that doesn't take away from the flavor. Nom, nom.

~Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment